Yes, we stereotype....but only when it comes to wedding speeches. Below you'll find a comedian's take on the most common stereotypes found during wedding speeches.
Four things people expect from a Maid of Honor Speech:
1. It will be boring.
2. It will be long.
3. They will cry.
4. They will laugh at their own jokes.
Four things people expect from a Best Man Speech:
1. They will try to be funny.
2. They will have a “serious” moment…usually something like “you’ve always been there for me bro”.
3. They will use it as a 4 minute audition to get with one of the brides maids.'
4. They will say at least one thing that’s inappropriate.
Four things People Hate About Wedding Toasts:
1. Inside jokes (if you tell a joke only two people will get there is a good chance no one will laugh except two people…not a good strategy)
2. When people ask you to raise your drink at the beginning of the speech instead of the end (this isn’t a workout!)
3. Long speeches
4. Someone who is drunk…just playing those are the best!